Fireworks/Pyrotechnics Blog

What Education is Needed to Become a Pyrotechnician?

Posted in Pyro FAQ's by Administrator on the September 29th, 2006

I get tons of emails asking what classes should be taken if you are interested in becoming a Pyrotechnician.  There is no specific answer to this question.  The best subjects to take are science and mathematics.  There are no classes specifically geared towards pyrotechnics.  Continue on this track once you reach college by majoring in science (physics or chemistry) or engineering (mechanical, chemical, electrical or aerospace) if you want to fully understand what your dealing with.  Keep in mind, you don’t technically need this background if you want to become a licensed operator.  Depending on which state you live in, there are different requirements to obtain a license.  I have more information on this at my website:  Check out the “how to become licensed” pages. 

One Response to 'What Education is Needed to Become a Pyrotechnician?'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'What Education is Needed to Become a Pyrotechnician?'.

  1. on February 7th, 2007 at 3:56 pm

    [...] What are some suggested classes to take in High School and College to help in training to become a Pyrotechnician?  See: [...]

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.